Discuss Hot Water Copper Cylinder - Indirect ( DIY Job) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
got another Q:

I've got all pipes in place fitting perfectly :) to the new cylinder and I thought that before connecting all up to do a mains clean flush...

I removed all radiators and gave them a good clean in the garden and now thinking to do as in Tom's video( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJWlPDxMnCM) in order to clean all the pipes.

1. Isolate CH pump and Boiler or just the pump?
2. As the HWC is not connected, add a pipe from flow to return to imitate the coil
2.5 do the same trick with the pipe for each section where a radiator was in place.
3. connect both pipes as in the video and then leave it until clean water comes out ( the water wasn't dirty when I flushed the system first time...so it shouldn't be that bad)

...then put all back add inhibitor...etc.

I know that not isolating the Boiler there is the risk of adding more sludge into the boiler rather than cleaning it but if the pipes where not that dirty when flushing the system is it worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
How much sludge came out of your radiators?
If there wasn't much, don't waste your time.

Don't bother mate. The majority of sludge will be in your rads. If you wanted to be picky you could add a cleaner in your f&e header tank before you fill back up and let it circulate for about a week then drain down again. Then put your inhibitor in.

It wasn't too much sludge...just some black stuff for few seconds and then clear water on all rads; I used a rubber hammer just in case there was more and put the hose on both sides but there wasn't too much; F&E tank was fairly clean as well...just some dirt at the bottom, something like dust/sand from the loft more than sludge :).

I cleaned both tanks anyway ( F&E and Main Cold Water one) and will add F1 to the F&E...then run the mains...hopefully all goes well.

Thank again guys.

Got my HWC up and running and the 3 bar shower pump! ...amazing pressure! quite a difference.

Had an issue at first, all rads were hot but there was no hot water for bathroom and kitchen so I've done some reading on the forum and did what someone suggested: add a hose pipe from main into venting pipe for the F & E tank until all the bubbles were gone :) and Voila --> Hot Water sorted.

Good Project! ...now will check it for few days and balance/bleed rads when/if needed and hopefully all Ok...well, the real test is Winter Time!

Haven't fully tested but it went for 15 minutes and still getting hot water...I'm really impressed; the pressure though really really good...and the Moonson pump is not that noisy as i thought it will be ( even @ 2 am :) ).

Well done alexrobot, sounds like you have finished a great job there.

You fancy popping over to my house and fitting me a shower pump??mthe missus has been moaning at me for ages to fit one:devil2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Copper Cylinder - Indirect ( DIY Job) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock