Discuss Hot Water Copper Cylinder - Indirect ( DIY Job) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever done any plumbing? Some pipes have specific distances apart for a reason, it doesn't just connect together and work. Do you know how to recommission it? Deal with airlocks? full bore valves are fine btw.

yeah, done diy plumbing to my previous house...all pipes for bathroom never had an issue, maybe I was just lucky :).

I'm only removing some old pipes ...probably from a previous installation and not connected anywhere...probably left there just in case there is a need for them from the attic or just because the plumber had no time to remove them; and while I was doing this I noticed that the stopcock wasn't functioning properly ( really old one) on some "live" pipes which I need so I thought it's a good idea to change those as well?...wanted to know if to change them with a stopcock or use a full bore valve which I thought will be better and looks nicer :)

Well I wish you luck mate. If you get stuck then you know where we are

Stopcocks really only for on mains supply to a house or on mains to an electric shower. Everything else better full flow valves and use the lever ones on pipes from cold tank and to pump both hot & cold supplies.
Some showers are very open heads - like the overhead type & also the numerous jet showers. They would benefit from 3bar pump, but most showers just require 2 bar really.

Thanks guys, yes in case something doesn't work I will call for help...hope you're close to SW London :).

I bought a big square overhead shower ...cannot wait to use it :).

One Full Bore valve 22mm to be used on the pipe from cold tank to HWC and one full bore valve 15mm to be used on the mains which comes into the cupboard...so still better stopcock for mains? on my previous house and a previous flat I had the valves with the lever and it was so much better but if stopcock still better no issue as I have a new one to replace the old and stiff one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mains that comes into the cupboard can be changed to a full bore as they are more reliable to isolate your loft tank(s)

thank you for confirming JCS, yes it looks much easier to isolate with the full bore one than with the stopcock.

My Newark HWC arrives tomorrow...hopefully in good condition and no issues...just connect and ready to shower :).

Got my Newark HWC today...they forgot to install the drain :( not good, now I have to do it from the pipe.

I'll give them 7 out of 10 for customer service...will update with the built quality once installed.
The other company was much more friendly but a bit late with pricing hence I went with Newark...price was aprox. the same on both.

Got my Newark HWC today...they forgot to install the drain :( not good, now I have to do it from the pipe.

I'll give them 7 out of 10 for customer service...will update with the built quality once installed.
The other company was much more friendly but a bit late with pricing hence I went with Newark...price was aprox. the same on both.

have you phoned them up and told them?

have you phoned them up and told them?

Yes, I did; the guy said sorry &...well, you can run it from the pipe; he said that there was no extra cost attached to it or maybe ÂŁ2 but when I called first time he said that the drain will have a cost attached....more than ÂŁ2.

Also the measurement was off for the return from the boiler...I only noticed tonight so probably will call on Monday ...will see as I already sorted it out.

Anyway if I will have another custom boiler to order in the future I will try somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Copper Cylinder - Indirect ( DIY Job) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock