Discuss honeywell cm921 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mala

hi
i have a vaillant turbomax vuw 282 eh. i would like to fit a honeywell cm921 to this boiler but i need the correct wiring instructions. i had a local fitter try to fit it but he couldnt get it to work properly. the boiler wouldnt fire up when asked to. i looked in the trouble shooting guide and it said if the green light is on it might be wired wrong. should the green light on the reciever be on all the time as mine was. at the moment the cm921 is not fitted have gone back to just using the timer. i will not be doing this myself will get somebody in to do it and i will give him the wiring instructions.
thanks in advance mala

hi all
i take as i have had no replies it is not possible to use the honeywell cm921 with this boiler.

mala

hi all
i take as i have had no replies it is not possible to use the honeywell cm921 with this boiler.

mala

Hi
should be possible as it is only a link you need to remove and connect your 2 feeds in the wiring center in the boiler
also some of those wireless room stats have an ip adress which needs to correspond with the receiver sometimes they take a little while to sense .

hi charlie
thank you for the reply i was hoping to find out what wire conected with what from the reciever to the boiler. it has 4 wires coming out of the reciever.

mala

hi charlie
thank you for the reply i was hoping to find out what wire conected with what from the reciever to the boiler. It has 4 wires coming out of the reciever.

Mala
not familiar with what a honeywell cm921 is but i assume its a wireles stat or controller of some sort the four wires are usually l and n to power the unit and the other two wires go to the switch pair from the boiler numbers three and four on a vailant
its usually easier to run from power in to the reciever and then use a 5 core flex into the boiler as the termoinals on most reciever back plates are larger than those in the boiler
if you cant work out from the instructions on the unit which is which are you sure your capable of doing this job one wrong connection could fry boiler or reciever or both

Last edited:
i use the horstman rf roomstat/programmer on vaillants,only need three wires from 3.4.5.different brand but works:)

hi stevetheplumber
thank you for the reply. i wiil not be doing the wiring i am not a fan of electrics. just wanted to make sure of the wiring for the fitter who will be doing the job. the last time he tried it didnt seem to work right. as he hadnt fitted one before maybe it was us not using it right. mala

hi wards
i have the honeywell now wil try and get it working. mala

Last edited by a moderator:
basicly,live to l neutral to n other 2 can go either way round in receiver use terminal a and b remove remove room stat link on boiler and take a to one b to other what i will say about honey well rf stats is they havent thought out cable entry points into the receiver

i was hoping to find out what wire conected with what from the reciever to the boiler. it has 4 wires coming out of the reciever.
The wires from L and N terminals should be connected to permanent Live and Neutrals, e.g the L and N terminals in the boiler.

Terminal A connects to boiler terminal 3
Terminal B connects to boiler terminal 4

No link between L and A.

Remove any link between 3 and 4 on the boiler.
Terminal 5 is not used.

The method of communication between wireless stats varies with manufacturer, but none of them use IP addressing.

Last edited:
The wires from L and N terminals should be connected to permanent Live and Neutrals, e.g the L and N terminals in the boiler.

Terminal A connects to boiler terminal 3
Terminal B connects to boiler terminal 4

No link between L and A.

Remove any link between 3 and 4 on the boiler.
Terminal 5 is not used.

The method of communication between wireless stats varies with manufacturer, but none of them use IP addressing.
think you find they do mate they have a code on the receiver which is numbered 1-7 and you can move up and down to match the number on the stat

think you find they do mate they have a code on the receiver which is numbered 1-7 and you can move up and down to match the number on the stat
Some manufacturers use dip switches to set an address, others do it electronically, but, whichever way it is done, it is not an IP address.

hi guys
thank you for all your help. i will speak to my fitter tomorrow about getting the thermostat fitted. mala

Some manufacturers use dip switches to set an address, others do it electronically, but, whichever way it is done, it is not an IP address.

okay
did not know the correct term dip switches was what i meant
cheers:p

hi
i have a vaillant turbomax vuw 282 eh. i would like to fit a honeywell cm921 to this boiler but i need the correct wiring instructions. i had a local fitter try to fit it but he couldnt get it to work properly. the boiler wouldnt fire up when asked to. i looked in the trouble shooting guide and it said if the green light is on it might be wired wrong. should the green light on the reciever be on all the time as mine was. at the moment the cm921 is not fitted have gone back to just using the timer. i will not be doing this myself will get somebody in to do it and i will give him the wiring instructions.
thanks in advance mala

Hi mala,
Get all the info re the cm921 in this pdf -
http://www.plumberparts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/cm921.pdf

hi fatbloke
thanks for the link. i had all that information with the cm921 in the box but the link made it a lot easier to read

thanks mala

We had a problem with a HW CM921, turned out to be the receiver not connecting with it's base plate, Get your fitter to put a link between A & B, if the heating works then that could be your problem. Our problem turned out to be the base plate itself, we tried a new receiver with the origonal base plate and still had the problem, it was only when we changed the base plate that it worked.
Hope this helps, Martin.

hi lifes a gas
thanks for that information. i will mention it to him

mala

Best thing about remeha boilers are their schematics that come with the boiler, shows you how to set up all configurations and what to wire where, great for old pillocks like me who really know how to fry a pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to honeywell cm921 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock