Discuss High efficiency gas fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link - need only 2kw (small rooms) according to that but want MORE !!

Sorry :thinking:

The good news is I've just installed a 2kw radiator so should be warm this winter (bloody cold when I moved in Feb) with any fire but I fancy one of those inset jobs just hanging in the wall and no fireplace[/QUOTE

A few mates have wall hangers and they reckon you'd be as well to hang a picture of one than the real thing...poor heat output, so they say.

You could try a flueless version of this...perhaps

http://www.fires2u.com/product/912/flavel-windsor-contemporary-he-high-efficiency-gas-fire.html

Last edited:
Thanks both

As aid, I am staying away from flueless - pointless anyway as I have a fully functional (hopefully) chimney

I have read that the glass fronted fires radiate better so perhaps that's the difference between experiences ?

Back in a bit, gonna install firefox as this site acts a bit weird in IE

Baxi Bahamas! You will probably need the chimney lining with kopex.

Installed firefox to see if I could upload some damn pictures but can't do it in that either

I've twertled around a bit on the pooter so we'll see ....

A Baxi Bahama seems to be a boiler :confused5: - I know we've strayed from the original post a bit but come on

Ok, here's a picture at last

What I want to do is take out the dodgy brick work below the lintel and build it back up again but leave a suitable opening for one of these hole in the wall fires - actual fire is proving difficult to find but they all need a hole right ?

You can hopefully see the existing liner which drops down to the existing opening behind the quality bit of regulation hardboard

Plumber dude coming to sort my tap is supposed to be gsr so I will be getting him to do something with the gas pipe (hopefully)

Hope that helps explain things

I'd be somewhat careful knocking all that out, b all holding up that lintel in the first place, which is then supporting several tons of chimney above, one of the reasons for using a decent builder to do this sort of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High efficiency gas fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back