Discuss Help solve this friendly argument! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop taps are designed to be adjustable, the right answer is to open it up enough to allow the cold water system to operate correctly.

if your bypassing the meter tho, open meters valve 1/8 to keep it ticking over alittle! JOKE:)

Open it enough to eliminate the chance of immediate death resulting solely from a stop tap not being open enough. Or too far.

its basic engineering practice open fully then turn back if you leave it fully open the thread is jammed tight together and will sieze

I open the valve then turn the cold tap on then play with the stopcock to make sure its not making too much noise when there is good pressure,,

As I started this thread way back, can I say that I agree with everyone who opens the valve fully then cracks it back a half turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help solve this friendly argument! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock