Discuss Help re Ferroli Optimax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ratbiker

Hello,

First timer here. I have an Ferroli Optimax HE 31C.

It went wrong nearly three weeks ago.

Now there were a few alleged issues with it but the main thing being the PCB.

Here is a pic of the PCB removed from the boiler. Which to me looks like part number 36508003-3

20130411_210859.jpg20130411_210929.jpg

Now, it was replaced with another PCB with what looks like a part number of 36508002

20130411_210754.jpg20130411_210818.jpg

This PCB lasted around 24 hours and now looks like this...

20130411_210743.jpg

Can anyone with knowledge on this matter tell me:

Whether this is a suitable board for my boiler? (When it was being installed even the engineer stated it looked different to the original)

Would the boiler work on an incorrect board?

Does the replacement board look like an old or reconditioned one and is there a way of telling this? (on the original I can see what looks like a date of 10/10 on it presumably Oct 2010 but not one on the replacement board. Looking at a Ferroli site online it shows the above mentioned part numbers as old numbers an they have all been replaced with the part number of 39821523.

Should the new PCB arrive in a sealed plastic or anti static packaging?

Should the part number 39821523 be shown on the board somewhere?

Why would what ever it is that has blown / overheated done so?

Thanks you kindly as you can imagine this is a tricky situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a private message to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help re Ferroli Optimax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hello, Have had a leak on my UFH manifold. Originally incorrectly diagnosed as being the nuts/washer to the pump, it now looks like it's coming...
Replies
Views
D
Looking for a replacement system flow pipe for the Ferroli DOMI Compact F24D listed as number 10 in the user manual. If anyone has a pipe from an...
Replies
Views
Davidwales
D

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock