Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed Y System central heating Gate Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi I have just moved into my house that has a Y system central heating system but im a little confused with the gate valves around my hot water cylinder tank.
the hot water comes from the boiler up to the pump which then goes up to a 3 way motorized valve. From the valve A goes out to a gate valve (which is open ) and then out to the radiators.
B goes to the hot water cylinder tank.
but between the pump and the motorized valve there is a 15mm tee coming off that goes to the bottom pipe coming out of the coil in the cylinder. this pipe has a gate valve in it. Should this gate valve be open or closed ?

Also the bottom pipe coming out of the coil inside the tank which i believe goes back to the boiler also has a gate valve in it. Should this be open or closed ?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed Y System central heating Gate Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock