Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help- Loud whistling noise from boiler flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky24

I have a loud whistling noise that carries through the house coming from the boiler flu.
It only occurs when it is very windy outside. The flu vents out of the house wall between two houses which is a wind tunnel.
The boiler is a Range Powermax 185.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to prevent this whistling noise,

thanks

Boiler Flu.jpg

Before i call a heating engineer out can anyone let me know what to expect. Is this a common problem that can be easily sorted out?

thanks

the wind tunnel could be causing the issue here, however in the interest of safety i would stop using the boiler until it has been checked out by a gsr to ensure seals etc are all intact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help- Loud whistling noise from boiler flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock