Discuss Help- Loud whistling noise from boiler flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky24

I have a loud whistling noise that carries through the house coming from the boiler flu.
It only occurs when it is very windy outside. The flu vents out of the house wall between two houses which is a wind tunnel.
The boiler is a Range Powermax 185.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to prevent this whistling noise,

thanks

Boiler Flu.jpg

Before i call a heating engineer out can anyone let me know what to expect. Is this a common problem that can be easily sorted out?

thanks

the wind tunnel could be causing the issue here, however in the interest of safety i would stop using the boiler until it has been checked out by a gsr to ensure seals etc are all intact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help- Loud whistling noise from boiler flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions... I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago. It makes a droning...
Replies
Views
Hi, around 3 week following a diverter overhaul with a valve and seal kit (due to leak between diverter housing and diff housing) the noise...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Back