Discuss Help finding coupler for UV lamp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a3lawy

Hello,

Wondering if any keen eyes can identify the white PVC coupling from the pictures please. It's placed into a UV lamp for the pond (keeps that green algae at bay).

The oldunit has started to leak so I ordered a replacement only to find the couplings it comes with do not fit the pipework installed in the shed. Since I can't change those pipes that screw into it, looking for this white piece. Have tried local plumbing shop and B&Q so far to no success. Any help please? Thank you.

1.jpg
2.jpg
^ This is the white pvc coupler part I'm looking for. Not sure of correct name?
3.jpg
^ This where the top pipe screws onto it in the shed.
4.jpg
^ This shows where the white piece fits into the circular hold on the UV unit that screws on top

Not sure what size your fitting is but you may find something useful here;

have you spoke to the manufacturer about pipe sizes and adaptors.

Thank you for the link. Not sure but don't think anything on there looks close.

The UV unit came with it's own coupler that unfortunately do not fit the setup already installed in the shed, think it was a custom pipe fix hence the query.

Measure the across the diameter of the pipe your trying to connect to and the diameter of the coupler that will help with trying to find a solution.

Thanks for trying to help. Tried to take some pictures against a measuring tape.

IMG_4175.jpg
^ Seems to be 65mm outer diameter of the screw.
IMG_4177.jpg
^ 45mm height of coupler.
IMG_4188.jpg
^ 45mm of pipe trying to connect to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help finding coupler for UV lamp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, This may be a slightly lengthy one, but i'm having a seriously rough time with a bad leak in the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock