Discuss HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your boiler trips and you automatically start pointing the finger at new oil pump and service a few months ago.
Nothing to do with that.
Easy diagnosis for a competent engineer.

Just get someone out who is experienced and prepared to service and fault find on your oil boiler.
If nothing noticeable - including any weeps near electrics or pump or burner, then anything that has an electric motor could be faulty.
Nothing to do with your oil pump

Well, I'm up and running again - but won't know if it's properly fixed for 24 hours. Very impressed with my superhero, Dion, from Qualitas Heating of Henley - so far at least. It seems that the problem was caused by a failing synchronous motor.

Thanks for all help and advice.

Thanks for the update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We've had a Grant Thornton oil boiler for about 5 years and suddenly it trips the electricity when it rains? The unit is in a wood shed and the...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock