Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm 100f wall hung - funny fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

:hand:
Normally all ok but past 2 days will not always start up on its own. The fan comes on, click click spark ignition and pilot lights then main burner set. Past two days unreliable but all will go with a lit blowlamp stuck in viewing hole.

Anyway took it all down this am and nothin obvious BUT WITH THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER COVER OFF it works as it should ! goes thro whole sequence and main burner set comes on PUT the cover back on - ignition spark workin fine no pilot light - take cover off - it works again.

Am I missin something ? - will be soon as the customer is my mrs ! who had to shower this am.
:sad_smile:

centralheatking

Sounds like air starvation have you checked the flue and gas/air mixture

Check the ignition lead. These are prone to pin holing where they pass into the combustion chamber.

Guess what - i tried startin the thing up with the cover to the heat exchanger off and fitted the
front casing as it was operating - STAYED ALIGHT - so whats that all about ? i know it will
probably not start Wed am - any more ideas.

Least ways my mrs is temp happy and my head is still on its shoulders

centralheatking

really check the flue well had a pot prima ff doing this yesterday first thing i checked was the flue rotted away at the end common fault on them though also verify the leads at the gasket as pointed out by mike,the venturie and aps

Check the ignition lead. These are prone to pin holing where they pass into the combustion chamber.

as was said already, The ignition lead can be shorting on the case OR the pilot needs cleaning. BOTH are very common faults. Mate, you have to give feedback or we're just peeing in the wind. Haveyou tried any of the solutions mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm 100f wall hung - funny fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light won't stay on. The boiler has been worked on by a Gas Engineer, but he is stumped and telling me I need a new boiler. I can not afford a new boiler...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm seeking helpwith a central heating problem please. It's a fully pumped system with a diverter valve for cylinder / rads and has an open header tank. Potterton Prima 40B. The first sign of trouble was yesterday evening, no hot water. The hot water and radiators had been ok earlier in...
Replies
Views
Glowworm 100ff wall hung 30kw conventional boiler. Set up in garage with correct 28mm runs to rest of system. All worked well over the years odd new bits and bobs. Recently serviced It goes through start up sequence fine style. Call on from timer in house, fan starts, pump on, starts ignition...
Replies
Views
R
Hello, I am new on this site and was hoping someone could help me out with a gas fire fault I have recently encountered. The fire is a verine vertex FL700NG - which has a motorised gas valve and a remote control. The fire will not ignite even the pilot from the remote control (there are no...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock