Discuss glow worm fuelsaver 100f thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adscnc

We have an old glow worm 100f boiler.yes I know we should put a new one in, and perhaps we will next year...when boiler is switched on by time clock, we see the pilot light ignite, the pump come on, but the main burner does not light.When you bang the case the burner ignites and in 30 mins we have some hot water.We have had it serviced recently and they said it was clean and in good condition. they have been unable to fix the problem described above. One company has suggested it needs a new thermostat. this is now obsolete but you can still find them. But is it the thermostat ? why does the pilot light ignite ? when I bang it, surely i'm just making a dodgy relay make contact?Can any one advise?

change the friggin boiler are you crazy???? inefficient parts are defo unavailable unit older than me (nearly LOL)!!!

Someone else who cannot do what's written on the side of his van!

Lol and your looking help
You need to get rid of the attitude
You got good FREE advice take it and change the boiler no point spending money on that heap

I ve asked a reasonable question and have not had any advice on what the solution may be. I will change the boiler but not at the moment.

I ve asked a reasonable question and have not had any advice on what the solution may be. I will change the boiler but not at the moment.

Them get an engineer out to look at it then

"Someone else who cannot do what's written on the side of his van!"

with charm like yours you might just need a wooly hat & gloves this winter

On such a basic appliance,it should be simplicity itself to diagnose and i am surprised the people who have serviced it are struggling..second opinion needed.

Adscn, I have
exactly the same boiler and problem, did you ever find out what the problem was. Any help would be appreciated.

ny posts relating to gas, gas appliances, boilers and central heating should be posted in their relevant sections and not in the public domain.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competetence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glow worm fuelsaver 100f thermostat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Glow Worm Fuelsaver 40B Mk 2 installed on the kitchen wall. In November, the heat exchanger began making a kettling noise. It’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have just bought a brand new Glow worm Betacom4 24K less than a month ago. The new boiler is already losing pressure, falling from 1.3 bars to...
Replies
Views
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We have an old Glow-worm Fuelsaver MK2 boiler as part of our gravity fed system. The boiler had been making a loud banging sound for a...
Replies
Views
Back