Search the forum,

Discuss Glow-worm fuel saver mk2 hot water but no heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

We have an old Glow-worm Fuelsaver MK2 boiler as part of our gravity fed system. The boiler had been making a loud banging sound for a while. That sound has suddenly stopped, but now we seem to have no heating. The pilot light is still on as usual and we have hot water. However, despite the thermostat seeming to work ok, there is no heating. If I run the shower for a few minutes it seems to energise the system and we get a few minutes of heating, but then it stops again.

my amateur diagnosis would be that perhaps a pump in the boiler has failed (hence the banging that has now stopped) or a thermostatic sensor somewhere has failed. I have no experience with boilers, but I have a can do attitude and shallow pockets, so if there’s something I can do to fix this myself I’m game.

advice please?

Could be a pump or a motorised valve if there is
Hi all,

We have an old Glow-worm Fuelsaver MK2 boiler as part of our gravity fed system. The boiler had been making a loud banging sound for a while. That sound has suddenly stopped, but now we seem to have no heating. The pilot light is still on as usual and we have hot water. However, despite the thermostat seeming to work ok, there is no heating. If I run the shower for a few minutes it seems to energise the system and we get a few minutes of heating, but then it stops again.

my amateur diagnosis would be that perhaps a pump in the boiler has failed (hence the banging that has now stopped) or a thermostatic sensor somewhere has failed. I have no experience with boilers, but I have a can do attitude and shallow pockets, so if there’s something I can do to fix this myself I’m game.

advice please?
Hi all,

advice please?
After a bit of tinkering with the mid position valve actuator, it seems to be working again. I’m wondering if the mechanism was sticking and was stuck in the hot water only position.

Reply to Glow-worm fuel saver mk2 hot water but no heating in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock