Discuss Glow worm Betacom 24c - No hot water or heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thekatric

Can someone help!!!
I had a plumber install a Glow worm Betacom 24c in my flat. He installed it and it wasn't working as the pressure was too low. He told me to by a pump which will increase the water pressure and i will be able to get hot water & heating. He also said that he wouldnt pay for it!

I read that it is illegal to do this, is it true?

Can anyone advise what I can do? Is there another way to boost the water pressure so I can have a shower and get this sorted.
Thinking of taking the matter further with this plumber as he's installed something that doesnt work for £1800!!!

thanks! waiting......

If the cold water is supplied via the mains then you cant put a pump on it, if its off a tank then you can, if its a large multi storey building then it will be off a tank, they have booster packs and break tanks to get the water to the top of the building, eg, if the supply pressure in the street is 2bar (1bar eq to 10m of head) then if you were to run a hose pipe 20 meters verticaly then water wouldnt come out of the end as there is not enough pressure to push the water up. wether you could still put a pump off your break tank, I dont know, its a little beyond my scope.
The plumber didnt do a proper survey on the initial site visit, hes fitted a lower end boiler, at a lower end price (assuming hes fitted trvs, boiler interlock, power flushed the system etc etc as 1800 for a bodged job is tremendous money).
Hes let you down, a combi is not right for every situation and he should have advised you of this.
He should sort this at his expense.
get a second op.

firstly was he a gas safe registered engineer
if he was you can access all his details on the gas safe website
he sounds a plank as first thing he should have loked at was the incoming mains pressure to ensure it ws sufficient for the boiler

thanks guys. The plumber replaced a conventional boiler that was working!
Do you know or can you recommend a small pump that is not fixed to the mains that I can use occassionally just to boost the pressure?

Also someone else recommended I contact thames water and get them to put in a new water main on the street and up to my flat on the 1st floor. Have you heard of this or know how much this should cost? Im trying to think of the best solution for the least amount of money.....

thanks!!! kate

on your break tank yes you can put a pump on it -boosted supply otherwise contact another plumbing engineer and ask there opinion,(ask 2-5 people what they would reccomend), hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Betacom 24c - No hot water or heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back