Search the forum,

Discuss Future in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do you see the future in this trade? It seems from what I hear that most young people don't want to get their hands dirty? Can you envisage a GENUINE shortage of SKILLED plumbers?

How do you see the future in this trade? It seems from what I hear that most young people don't want to get their hands dirty? Can you envisage a GENUINE shortage of SKILLED plumbers?
i got the brains and the brawn and youth on my side,bring it on world theres not a boiler invented i cant fix,experience wins every time,i see a good future

talking to a spread today and he recons there is not enough youth going into plastering either

There will come a time that anything that involves working with your hands will be in much greater demand. Think of a price and multiply by ten?

Good blokes are hard to find and are in demand to make good on all the carp that's fitted on the cheap.

Though finding decent youth to enter the trade is hard. Only 25% of the apprentices that we get would be trusted with a screw driver.

if the likes of homebase keep closing down, it can only be good for the trades

Market forces will always win.

This applies to every trade, and commodity;

As Skilled manpower decreases;
Charges increase,
Wages increase,
More people are attracted to the jobs,
Prices reduce,
Wages reduce,
People stop entering the trade
The cycle starts again.

Re Plumbing and Electrics,

Systems will continue to get more complex, due to Energy costs.
They'll need a high skill level to install and an even higher level to maintain.

Market forces will always win.

......and an even higher level to maintain.

Unless manufactures do a Microsoft ... So complex they are remotely managed ...

Less training to repairs .. But a Controled subscription ...

or throw away society 5 yr warranty -- re-cycled parts ..to expensive to maintain - so in the bin.

Look how car maintanance is going ( - training and equipment --are just a TAX really ? )
Why would I want my main dealer with an old car ...

( Re doing away with fossil fuel --- Hydrogen is more problematic - but ultimate in clean )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Future in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock