Discuss Function of Bypass Circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mesmerised

I have what appears to be a conventional central heating system, heated through a Potterton Prima Gas Boiler. The pump feeds into a 3 port divert valve feeding rads and hot water tank. There is a bypass between the pump and the valve.

The system is vented on the feed from the boiler and the hot water tank and so what is the purpose of the bypass, as the valve can never be closed.

The heating system does not operate effectively in as much that periodically one of the downstairs rads goes cold, not air as this has been checked many times. The problem is worse when the outside temp is very low. My theory is that the bypass (open) is reducing the flow thro the system and the how water is not reaching this one rad, which is the farthest from the boiler.

The system has been looked at by a plethora of plumbers but the problem remains.

Any help to stop my fanily freezing would be apprecaited.

According to the manufacturers instructions no bypass is needed so you can just close it.

Mike

the bye pass may be there if you have thermostatic rad valves the theory is that if by chance all trvs were shut it would relieve the stress on the pump and stop a clank as the pump pumped against a dead stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Function of Bypass Circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock