Search the forum,

Discuss Frozen boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Actually had to defrost a boiler today, not just the condense pipe the entire boiler!

Faulty air con unit in a small court yard 3 inches of ice on the floor froze the pumped condense pipe which prevented the floor standing potterton from firing up when the frost stat kicked in. High and low level ventilation that used to feed the old open flue boiler were directly behind the boiler.

Did if you ever see the picture of the perfectly preserved woolly mammoth they discovered in ice? Well yeah exactly like that, strangest thing I'd ever seen happen, but unfortunately due to its location and building owner no phones/camera devices are allowed in so unable to share it with you

Had to chip the putter ice off so I could remove the electrics to protect them from thawing water ingress. Then alias of towels closed doors and two fan heaters. I doubt I'll ever see that again, unless they turn the air on back on before it's been checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Frozen boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings All One Week Before Christmas, Ok got this British Gas 330+ my late mother had installed 10 years ago. Been working OK ish up till now then suddenly hell freezes over. First the Central heating wont come on (green light)afternew batteries from the WF Hall Thermo Wireless...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. We had building work last summer and added a few radiators on both ground first floor. We also replaced our vented hot water system with an unvented hot water system but the heating remains open with a small F&E tank in the loft. Since the works, when the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was hoping some one can give me some advice, Sunday morning I came down to a wet floor and no heating or hot water. I initially thought that the heat exchanger had gone in the boiler. After a lot of clearing up and drying out I managed to get some one to look at the boiler and they...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you're all going to make the most of the sunshine today. For those of you in front of computers, and more technically able that me, I have a few question that if any of you could help with it would be greatly appreciated. I have the above boiler, and yesterday...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system. Long story, with lots of things tried already, so please bear with me… Firstly, a photo of the heart of the system in the garage as it is today (lots...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock