Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas 330+ Boiler On The Blink in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Greetings All One Week Before Christmas,

Ok got this British Gas 330+ my late mother had installed 10 years ago.

Been working OK ish up till now then suddenly hell freezes over.

First the Central heating wont come on (green light)afternew batteries from the WF Hall Thermo Wireless
Receptor.All symbols and settings operating on that receptor it appears.(flame wirelss full batts_)

Nothing works though at the receiver box attached to BoilerOveride nup,re set nup,clear physical space for signal nup.No Central heating advance.

Hot water advance YES until yesterday when outside Conden drip froze up

Error E1. This was cleared with kettle water and rodding the pipe.(as is needed to do on freezing occasions a lot)& re set
frost protection was resumed (keeps it at 8C)

THEN this morning "Error E22. " ( Low waterpressur) so nothing working.

Only possible leak I can see are a couple minor taps in an outhouse whos pipes are visibly frozen and a cistern also iced
couple these low level taps are fractured but still ice jammed.
Just discovered these pipes are actually mended with tape but seemed to have been ok up till now

All theres is now is constantly flashing red light on the Boiler receiver marked alarm

Display reads E22 Dry.

No user visible water pressure guage can be seen .

So no boiler at all.

Bleeding of radiators was done as repair some 10 years ago.

Where do I find the water pressure guage?

How do I restore pressure (will need to wait until pipes thaw and try to reseal?

If it’s a Combi boiler, then check on the front or just underneath for the gauge and filling loop.

Heat only I’m guessing you have two tanks in the loft one big one one small around 10x12” is this frozen ?

Heat only I’m guessing you have two tanks in the loft one big one one small around 10x12” is this frozen ?
Could be pressurised though?

Attachments

• AC3A7246-A4B2-4BAC-871F-DC190E0FED48.jpeg
    AC3A7246-A4B2-4BAC-871F-DC190E0FED48.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 8
If it’s a Combi boiler, then check on the front or just underneath for the gauge and filling loop.
Several people have assumed this but sadly the front white metal cabinet is very simple display.
No guage.
Crained my neck to peer underneath ditto.
The manual shows an abstract flow chart that includes a guage but no detail of exactly where it might be found.
I know no more without possibly trying to remove the white metal cover-probably not a good idea for an amateur.
The 'low no dry pressure'constant error code F22 appears to be possibly due to known visible pipe LEAKS situated in another part
of the building.
Its hoped that these will be dealt with before pressure can be restored.
Question how 'big'a leak affects Boiler pressure?What sort of a size leak shuts a boiler down?
Thankfully the leaks are in an accessible and visible area.
I mean would one be talking a downpour or just a tiny pin hole patched with tape?
Is the leak air loss or waterloss.
The British Gas 330+ Boiler is believed to be a' Combi Boiler'.

All Water to The Property is shut off currently until the leaks are fixed.
It may then be possible to make attempts to restart The Boiler however The Outdoor Condensation Freeze Ups
are expected to recur as they seem to be built in to the Condensation Flu Outdoor system in anything below
9oC .

All Water to The Property is shut off currently until the leaks are fixed.
It may then be possible to make attempts to restart The Boiler however The Outdoor Condensation Freeze Ups
are expected to recur as they seem to be built in to the Condensation Flu Outdoor system in anything below
9oC .
What would restoring pressure involve?
Opening all the radiators 'dry'maybe or similiar?
Then turning water back on?or something?

Reply to British Gas 330+ Boiler On The Blink in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone know how to clear a f70 fault on a british gas 330+ boiler
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just moved into a house with a British Gas 330 boiler and would like to fit a modulating smart thermostat. Does anyone know what modulation protocol it uses? I've googled, checked the manufacturer's website ( Glowworm ) but with no luck. Boiler ID GC 41-047-75 Thanks!
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock