Discuss Flexy Flue Liners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

where is the best place to buy 5 " flue liners from, guards and plates from.

Do you guys fit the[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] debris plate or the flue boxes and what insulation do you use for the flue.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Place near me want just over £300 for everything (with out a flue box)[/FONT]

Thanks steven

I get mine from BES

IIRC a 9m eco kit is £120 plus vat.
Flue box if there is room, if not then debris plate

linky am after about 13meters but its coming in at £195 for the flue on its own

where is the best place to buy 5 " flue liners from, guards and plates from.

Do you guys fit the debris plate or the flue boxes and what insulation do you use for the flue.

Place near me want just over £300 for everything (with out a flue box)

Thanks steven

Open a trade account with this place. 5" copex about £9/m. Cheaper than the merchants.
They also sell flue gather units for the bottom of your flue.
A std 2 storied house with 8ft ceilings will need 27ft of copex from the fireplace to the top of the stack, 30ft if the pitch is steep.
Btw you aren't allowed to join it if your short :wink:

It would help to add the link
FlueSupplies.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Lift the marble front off first. Fit the box and seal the liner, then refit the marble front.

Usually you will be fitting the grate at the same time as the fire so you just bung the copex down, fit the box then fit the fireplace.
Measure the distance from the back of the marble to the flush wall surface, The marble usually sits about 1/2 to 3/4" from the finished wall so you could fix your flue box to suit. It makes sealing the gap easier.

i might pop into flue supplies and see if they want to sponsor the forum...

Good company to deal with. Never had any problems.
I take it they are quite local to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexy Flue Liners in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock