Search the forum,

Discuss First Post - Room Not Heating to Set Thermostat Degree in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.
We have a 1-bedroom unit with baseboard heating, gas furnace for heating and boiler for hot water. Recently, the unit is not warming up enough to the degree set on the thermostat. I have changed the thermostat and the furnace seems to be working. For example the thermostat is set on 71, but the temperature never goes higher than 65.
I know the system has the capacity to get up to the temperature I have set; so something should be wrong. I just don’t know what.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have the adjacent units got the same system? Ask them what temperature they can achieve. When was the furnace last serviced? they don't run forever without attention.

Does the furnace have filters , if so are they clean?
Has it worked in the past with the same oudoor temperature as now?
Thanks for all the responses. The temperature outside is around 36-46 in NYC. The system was serviced about a month ago and had been working find as far as the tenant says. This a multi-family house and the other unit is a two-story unit, it has the same issue more or less but I had assumed it was because it is a single zone system and the heat goes upstairs mostly.
I have not checked the filters though; might they be the reason?

Reply to First Post - Room Not Heating to Set Thermostat Degree in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock