Search the forum,

Discuss First Post - Room Not Heating to Set Thermostat Degree in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.
We have a 1-bedroom unit with baseboard heating, gas furnace for heating and boiler for hot water. Recently, the unit is not warming up enough to the degree set on the thermostat. I have changed the thermostat and the furnace seems to be working. For example the thermostat is set on 71, but the temperature never goes higher than 65.
I know the system has the capacity to get up to the temperature I have set; so something should be wrong. I just don’t know what.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have the adjacent units got the same system? Ask them what temperature they can achieve. When was the furnace last serviced? they don't run forever without attention.

Does the furnace have filters , if so are they clean?
Has it worked in the past with the same oudoor temperature as now?

Does the furnace have filters , if so are they clean?
Has it worked in the past with the same oudoor temperature as now?
Thanks for all the responses. The temperature outside is around 36-46 in NYC. The system was serviced about a month ago and had been working find as far as the tenant says. This a multi-family house and the other unit is a two-story unit, it has the same issue more or less but I had assumed it was because it is a single zone system and the heat goes upstairs mostly.
I have not checked the filters though; might they be the reason?

Reply to First Post - Room Not Heating to Set Thermostat Degree in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock