Discuss Finding non condensing boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony Denton

Hi there i have just joined the forum. I live in a flat with a shared flue which means that I cannot install a condensing boiler in place of the existing non-condensing boiler. Also there is no location in the flat which meets the regulations to install a condensing boiler. Therefore my only options are to install a non-condensing boiler or an electric boiler. Unfortunately all the UK manufacturers seem to have stopped manufacturing non-condensing boilers. Does anyone know where in the uk it is still possible to purchase a non-condensing boiler?

regards

tony

How do you know you cant instal a condensing boiler, has an rgi visited and done an assessment to prove this and complete the building regs certificate to allow for the installation of a non condensing boiler? there is a format for working out whether or not you can avoid installing a condensing boiler and this needs to be adhered to, then if you qualifiy a suitable boiler can be obtained by your engineer

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have had 6 different companies from British Gas, Npower, Chimflue and others going throught the Installation Assessment Procedure without success. I am one of 6 flats on this shared flue. I have even had people here to see if the flue could be lined but the answer is no because it is too narrow. The existing boilers are located too far away from the outside wall to consider installing an external flue. The block was built in 1975.

regards

tony

Further to my earlier comments we have contacted most of the UK manufacturers, the Gas Safe Register, boiler wholesalers, etc but it appears that no one produces non-condensing boilers. The only one I have been told about isan imported Italian produced boiler from Vokera.

Last edited by a moderator:
lots of merchants still have old stock still, why not get a good independant heating engineer in to look, they arent there for quick solutions like the major companies who always seem to go for the easy option at the biggest price.

there are plenty of standard efficiency boilers available up here in Bonnie Scotland, you can get one for under ÂŁ400 with a timev=clock and standard flue, one company who advertise in the Sunday Mail newspaper is "Mr Central Heating" in Hillington, nr Glasgow, google it, i'm sure there must be plenty of others

Many thanks for the tips. I will follow them up.

regards

tony

lots of merchants still have old stock still, why not get a good independant heating engineer in to look, they arent there for quick solutions like the major companies who always seem to go for the easy option at the biggest price.
Agree!, with the addition of a condensate lift pump there is very few situations where a boiler cant be fitted.

main [baxi]24 readily available but are you sure you cant go condensing? i have never seen a exception

condensing boiler should be ok as long as it is either sea duct or u duct compatable i think..............im probably way off the mark as usuall though:D

with shared flue i blve you can only replace with a boiler of same specs as old one

Thanks for the new messages. It is a 'U' duct covering 6 floors. You cannot mix condensing and non-condensing boilers on the same flue. Also we cannot attach a condensing boiler unless the flue is lined which there isn't room to do. Yes we would have to fit a boiler of the same size as at present. I believe the non-condensing Baxi is a combi boiler which is not what is installed currently. It's all to do with women and airing cupboards!

It's all to do with women and airing cupboards!

ive got over the airing cupboard problem by fitting a small rad in said cupboard

Thanks for the new messages. It is a 'U' duct covering 6 floors. You cannot mix condensing and non-condensing boilers on the same flue. Also we cannot attach a condensing boiler unless the flue is lined which there isn't room to do. Yes we would have to fit a boiler of the same size as at present. I believe the non-condensing Baxi is a combi boiler which is not what is installed currently. It's all to do with women and airing cupboards!

the main 24 is available in lots of places, try thermogas good price,its super reliable being a baxi 80 eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Finding non condensing boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock