Discuss Fibre washers and soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just curious to know how many of you guys are happy to solder whilst a fibre washer is in place? Or do you remove the washer first? Obviously I’m on about soldering quite closely to the fitting with fibre washer not like 4 metres away.

Definitely solder first, fit washer later.

I don’t use fibre washers usually now and use the rubber Hep flat washers, but same applies, - fit washer once the copper fitting cools

Def fit post heat as a rule.
As tough as fibre washers are, they are only compressed to form them so heat will cause them to expand/swell.

Reply to Fibre washers and soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi guys first post. I am in the process of rejuvenating a double wash sink. It was needing the waste below looked at for a washing machine and...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock