Search the forum,

Discuss Rejuvenating an old double basin wash sink in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys first post.

I am in the process of rejuvenating a double wash sink.
20230907_151903.JPG

It was needing the waste below looked at for a washing machine and dryer, as it had a sunken elbow and unbeknownst it was a mix of 1 1/4 and 1 1/2, including the sink wastes themselves.

I bought new matching 1 1/2 Belfast wastes and been able to remove the bigger of the two. Unfortunately it appears to have been a bit of a bodge and was packed out with stuff. Some is still sticky, some has set, but both appear to potentially be ACM as there are fibres in the mix.
Even a home made lead washer/seal.

20230912_184319.JPG

20230912_184314.JPG

I am now unsure how to proceed.
I'd guess the hole was 2" and I'm best to remove the excess material.
I see McAlpine have a few different options but don't know what shape may be best. I do need to get back down to 40mm BSP.
I'm also limited with space underneath and was planning to go direct to 90elbow.

So advice please?

Would clean it off and see how it looks you with the 11/2 one but you can get 2” Belfast sink wastes

Unfortunately what was used to reduce the hole size is a bit rough with a large chunk out and I don't see how a seal can be created.

I think that Amazon item is what I require, Screwfix also has a cheaper option but would require a thread reducer.

Reply to Rejuvenating an old double basin wash sink in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

HI, I'd very much appreciate advice on what I can do with this . . . The wash basin in the bathroom has a plug which sits on a piece which is opened and closed by pressing down or pulling up a lever behind the tap and that had consistently failed as the adjustment gets misaligned so I would...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Could use some valued help redoing a stack to accommodate a washer and utility sink. The plan is to have the washer, then the dryer , then the utility sink all to the left of the stack. I believe the previous owner move the builder intended spot to make a bedroom, which I am...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock