Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with modifying stack for HE washer & Utility sink. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Could use some valued help redoing a stack to accommodate a washer and utility sink.

The plan is to have the washer, then the dryer , then the utility sink all to the left of the stack.

I believe the previous owner move the builder intended spot to make a bedroom, which I am reverting back.

I included a picture of the stack from the bottom and one from the top. It seems that there are 2 inlets into it (1 I believe from the kitchen about - top inlet, and the second lower inlet possibly from the second story washroom).

So for the Utility Sink
1) Do I hack off the left side of the horizontal 1.5" sanitary tee to connect the utility sink to

For the Washer (I assume I need to create a loop for the pipe as in the image i found on the web).
1) Do I hack above the lower sanitary tee to add a 2" long turn Y-branch
2) then create a loop (for venting) connecting back to the 1.5" abs pipe with a reverse sanitary tee.

I am not sure why they did not connect the pipe coming from the second floor to the pipe coming from the kitchen using a horizontal sanitary tee?
Or would it have been better if the upper sanitary tee be replaced with a double sanitary tee?

Many thanks for any advice.

Adrian

Attachments

• 200701_LaundryRm_007_sz2.jpg
    200701_LaundryRm_007_sz2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230413_165118.jpg
    20230413_165118.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230413_165126.jpg
    20230413_165126.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Need help with modifying stack for HE washer & Utility sink. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock