Discuss Connector for tap with threaded tails. And should I seal the washer? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one:

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression:

If not, please could someone let me know what the correct part would be?

Also, are the rubber mounting washers that come with the tap enough to make a good seal to the worktop? Or is it usual to add a little silicone as well?

Many thanks

Attachments

Yes correct if you want compression you could also use a flex if you want eg

And the washer are fine to the sink top aslong as you tighten the retaining nuts

Yes correct if you want compression you could also use a flex if you want eg

And the washer are fine to the sink top aslong as you tighten the retaining nuts

Great, thanks for confirming.

And depending on the quality/age/potential water damage to the worktop holes, might be a good idea to get a pair of top hat washers to use under the work surface when securing the tap.

Please post a photo when you've completed!

I was just thinking....

I should have plenty of space behind the sink to use a normal spanner. But I was going to get a basin wrench just in case (the old school crows feet type). Would I need a 15mm/22mm one, or a 1/2"/3/4" one? I always get confused with that, especially when one end of the connector is 15mm and the other 1/2"!!

Many thanks

I was just thinking....

I should have plenty of space behind the sink to use a normal spanner. But I was going to get a basin wrench just in case (the old school crows feet type). Would I need a 15mm/22mm one, or a 1/2"/3/4" one? I always get confused with that, especially when one end of the connector is 15mm and the other 1/2"!!

Many thanks
I would definitely recommend using the flexible tap connectors, makes the job so much easier.
As for the basin wrench, something like this would be a lot easier.

Attachments

Reply to Connector for tap with threaded tails. And should I seal the washer? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Some Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trevor2864
Back