Discuss Ferroli Modena 80E not playing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

Hi all, just been round to take a butchers at their boiler, working fine with DHW but when demanding CH the boiler fires, pressure rises to around 2.5 Bar then the boiler shuts down and the pressure drops quite quickly back down to 1.2 bar.
The needle on the pressure clock is very 'Jerky'
It has been working fine for the last 5 years and now this. I am keen to get it sorted as they have two young kids

My initial thoughts are maybe the expansion vessel pressure low or a knackered pressure relief valve?
Any thoughts?

Cheers

Could b a number of reasons. Check the PRV isn't discharging. Either way it may b necessary to put about 0,75 - 1.0 bar of air in via footpump. Isolate chb, Blow boiler off and keep PRV open. Attach footpump to schrader valve and pump up to the above pressures. Shut off valve, refill and pray it doesn't pass. I usually run water thru with open to clean seat.

Typical, went round today to investigate further...................and the thing is working fine!!!!!!

we will see how long for though, i have suggested if it goes again i will flush the system to eliminate sludge clogging the pump

What do you think?

cheers for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Modena 80E not playing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm currently in Ireland and in a small cottage where the plumbing system has me scratching my head a bit. When the place was done up...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a Ferroli 701 Optima which leaks water through its CH 3 bar safety pressure relief valve. The water pressure on gauge NEVER goes...
Replies
Views
I would be very grateful if someone can give me some advice on the following. I have a Worcester 28Si II combi boiler in the house where I live...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vaillant turbo max 824e rs combi boiler that has been serviced and we've been told that the boiler is found to be gas safe but is...
Replies
Views
Back