Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optima 701 - Pressure Relief Valve passing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have a Ferroli 701 Optima which leaks water through its CH 3 bar safety pressure relief valve. The water pressure on gauge NEVER goes above 1.2 bar though (with CH on or off). When i do put pressure in the PRV passes and it drop to zero over 10mins.

The Pressure Gauge USED to go over 3 bar a few weeks ago but is as above now?

There are NO leaks on the system.

I have had the filling loop on constantly to keep pressure on, boiler to work.

I then replaced the PRV and it's still the same...(i also tested the old one as it was working fine)

I am now thinking it may be the expansion vessel (i presumed it never had one as it's states optional on the PDF and shows to the side of the boiler/rectangular) BUT i have since found out it is round and at rear at boiler and i can get access to the schrader valve.

I pressed in the centre bit and NO air or water (thank god) came out, this at at 1.2 bar (which as i stated it NEVER goes above?)

It looks like the XV needs to be at around 1 bar/25 psi, the ONLY pump i have though is a bike higher pressure track/floor pump for my racer (160psi).

What should i do next, i did put the pump on XV whilst it was at 1.2 bar and pressure did increase, giving and good indication that the XV balloon is OK.......?

I am thinking of draining a few litres out of the system and then trying to pump to 1 bar but it will be VERY roughly around that mark due to pump..(i'm not paying £35 for a proper one fro vessels!!)

Any advice much welcome.

Cheers

Time to get a gas safe engy in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optima 701 - Pressure Relief Valve passing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock