Search the forum,

Discuss electric water heater boiler change in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

wondering if you lovely people can advise me the best option.
just moved into a 2 bed ground floor flat, electric only.
have a big water tank on econ 7 tariff. have to boost for about 4/5 hours to be able to fill a bath, so not the best.
would love to get rid of the water tank and get some storage space as well.
heating is wall plugged storage heaters so not connected to this.
what if anything can i replace the water tank with? that will provide a decent amount of on demand hot water?
probably could have explained this better but hope you know what im looking for.

thanks for any and all help

Electric shower installed in the bathroom already ?

Why do you need to boost for 4 to 5 hours to heat enough water for a bath?

Do you not have economy 7 heating the entire tank every night?

Why do you need to boost for 4 to 5 hours to heat enough water for a bath?

Do you not have economy 7 heating the entire tank every night?
yes but just doesnt seem to do enough, have enough for morning shower but thats it unless i boost.
not sure if its the capacity of the tank or if its just the tank that needs a look at

Reply to electric water heater boiler change in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all. So I have an OSO Super SXD 180 immersion heater and it is pouring a huge amount of water out of the cold water pressure relief valve regardless of whether the tank is heating or not. We're talking litres a minute currently. I have replaced the valve which changed nothing. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot water tank (cold tank in loft), but the hot water tank died 18 years ago. At that time we fitted a smaller 117litre tank and went for fitting electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock