Discuss edwardian aston bath mixer taps , needs new gland o rings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

hi guys , i am restoring a set of original edwardian aston taps for our new bathroom and they need new o rings that sit underneath the gland nut.
the old ones were a long stringy affair covered in a black tar like substance.

also , one of the gland nuts have had the threads partially stripped off them and although it still works i fear it may damage the threads in the tap body.

are these parts replaceable on such old taps and if so does any one know where i can get some?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ta,

BdzfoBwB2kKGrHqMH-CMEretM9zBK6gmVQg.jpg

P311009_151302.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to edwardian aston bath mixer taps , needs new gland o rings. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I'm having a new bathroom installed and having issues getting the right bath/shower set up. Shower has to be over bath as no space for a...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have an old Howard bird mixer bath tap Edwardian brass style. The jumper on one tap first snapped and now has broken off completely. Can't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice. I have a lovely Grohe kitchen mixer. Sadly, after many years of use, the main O ring seal on the swivel has...
Replies
Views
I get water coming through the ceiling under the upstairs bath whenever I run the taps for a long time (such as filling the bath). I also got the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock