Search the forum,

Discuss Broken jumper on bath tap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we have an old Howard bird mixer bath tap Edwardian brass style. The jumper on one tap first snapped and now has broken off completely. Can't replace tap as the landlord decided it was a good idea to completely tile the bath in when the bath got fitted about 50 years ago. Landlord is useless. The tap constantly leaks badly, the jumper does not come out to just replace the jumper. I have tried fitting two washers then a metal washer behind the rubber one for some stability and to act as a jumper but it still leaks. Can I buy a new internal part for the tap or would a domed washer be any better? Replacement of the whole tap fixture won't be possible as I can't get under the bath to unscrew the taps. I have attached a photo of the tap with snapped jumper before it broke off completely. Any help on how to repair this would be amazing. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20211201_175548.jpg
    IMG_20211201_175548.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20211201_175552.jpg
    IMG_20211201_175552.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 9
Replacement complete valves are available, you just need to match up the number of splines and length of spindle.

Just one site to look, search for tap spindles / inserts, check you are looking at washer type and not ceramic disc type.
Also check various sites as prices vary for the same items.

Reply to Broken jumper on bath tap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock