Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dual flush fill valve not flowing properly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm quite new to the plumbing world (clearly!) and I only had a moment where I could look at a mates fill valve for him but when it's filling its only finley spraying out and obviously takes ages to fill, took the diaphragm out and looked all well, took it out a few times and got it to run nicely once but then went duff again, has anyone any ideas please for future knowledge? Much appreciated

check the diaphragm again, probably got a small split in it.
fit a new one, see what happens

If as Simon says that the diaphragm washer is split, then replace it. There could also be dirt on the seating or inside the valve causing the piston to stick. If your capabilities are such that you feel confident enough to undertake fitting a replacement, buy and fit a Fluidmaster and it will save you fluffing around trying to fix the one you're attempting to repair.

:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual flush fill valve not flowing properly? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
I have a friend that has fitted a toilet from Island bathrooms. The customer bought the toilet their self. There seems to be a problem with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just about to move into a new build property. I took the water meter readings and they read 000000,620 I had a look around the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock