Discuss Drain blocked issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neilyounguk

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on an issue with my drain?

I have included a picture

The outlet where the bathroom/kitchen si nk and shower water comes out is blocked.

The brown pipe gets blocked and then fills up and spill over the side

Should all the water go down the brown pipe?

Had one person look at it and he said that the drain is broken and the whole area needs to be dug out as it has all collapsed.
20140316_174046.jpg
Thanks, Neil

send a set of rods down with a camera on I have one of the cheep cameras from ebay that will tell you everything its impossible to tell jus by a top photo but it could do with been dugout and a proper gully fitted anyway

Give it a rod if you can, do you know where the next man hole is? That can help, so you can see what comes out.
Also as said you need a grate and moving all that shingle away would be a good idea, I bet that's not helping the cause.

as ch4 says rod it from the nearest interceptor/ manhole towards the offending part not he other way

It should have a back inlet gully down there, the pic isn't great to gauge size but if you can, pop some gloves on and reach in and remove any debris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain blocked issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock