Discuss Do these waste pipes just push-fit to these bosses? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Photo1382.jpgPhoto1385.jpg

And if renewing pipe-work could you use solvent weld pipe to push into the bosses and would it likely seal ok? Or would it be best to try and cut off bosses and renew?

solvent weld will probably not fit correctly, why not repipe in pushfit? or fit universal couplers to pipe in boss then you have not disturbed the boss.

be carefull some suppliers are adding little notches , guides so you can only use theres

I find if you take out the rubber seal from the boss the solvent weld can be glued in.

the pipe that drops into the run from the toilet is wrong should go straight to the soil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do these waste pipes just push-fit to these bosses? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping you can help me. I have a leak where the bath waste pipe connects to the boss pipe. Not sure if its a push fit or pipe weld type...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock