Discuss Do I need to replace/repair broken sanivite (saniflo)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

josh25

Hi guys
Just wanted to get your opinion. We have a Saniflo "Sanivite 3" under the kitchen sink which serves the kitchen sink and dishwasher which has very helpfully decided to conk out just before the weekend.

I was going to buy a new one but looking at the pipework suddenly questioned why we need one. It was installed before we bought the house. As far as I can see the water will all flow out without the need of a pump and we don't have any pumps attached to the utility room or downstairs bathroom wastes and don't have prombems. The only thing I do notice is that the ultimate waste pipe to which the sanivite discharges has a slightly smaller diameter to the pipes it serves.

Can I ask your views? Is there any reason I should not just buy a couple of push fit couplings and connect the sink pipework directly to the outflow waste pipe bypassing the saniflow or are there problems with doing this that I am not seeing do you think? THe previous owners also had a washing machine plumbed which we have relocated to the utility room and wondering if this was why it was installed? Anyway pic below.

Plumbing.jpg

Pipework is fairly self explanatory I think in pic - the flexible pipe on the extreme right is from the dishwasher and obviously the final outflow is the slightly smaller pipe right at the back. Really greateful for any views, even if they tell me I am being stupid! Thanks in advance.

All the best
Josh

Welcome to the forum Josh.

Whether or not you need a pump depends on where the outflow pipe runs - can you see the whole length of it? Are there any vertical sectors where it's pumped upwards? If not, you could probably do away with it but you MUST increase the outflow pipe to 40mm.

I agree with Mas, if you can increase the outflow pipe to 40mm you can do away with the sani, depending on pipe run

The inlet pipe to the sani is too low should you decide to replace the pump.

Is your sink/diswasher in the centre of your kitchen like an island ?

If it's located on the island then the 1 1/4 probably has a long horizontal run to the stack hence the pump was fitted, if it was the case doing away with the pump and utilising the pipe would probably take water away for a short while then it will block up and cause nothing but hassle even more so with the waste pipe being 1 1/4

If it's located on the island then the 1 1/4 probably has a long horizontal run to the stack hence the pump was fitted, if it was the case doing away with the pump and utilising the pipe would probably take water away for a short while then it will block up and cause nothing but hassle even more so with the waste pipe being 1 1/4

Following you now. If that is the case then it`s not unusual to find the horizontal has a rise at the end to join the stack via a boss therefore cancelling the gravity fall and causing the pump to work harder than intended.

Yea guess we all need more info if that is the case the set up is already an issue as it should have all its pimping to do at start of run and then fall to waste at the end of line like your suggesting

RPM - expert in all things that chew and spit

Thanks for the name check mate, he is talking about removing it if he can but I have pointed out an area to address if he finds he needs one at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do I need to replace/repair broken sanivite (saniflo)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe...
Replies
Views
I live in a converted Victorian pub, and our kitchen and downstairs bathroom are at basement level. Behind the downstairs toilet there’s a...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
Hi all We're having an old belfast sink fitted in our WC/utility room. We'd like to use the existing old waste; and by all accounts it'd be a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock