Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dishwasher E-24 error , blue plug?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
A complete novice diyer here, who is slowly recovering from a nightmare installation from a.o.
I often get an E24 error message from my dishwasher and a build up of water inside but there never seems to be any blockage that i can see. i have checked the pipes and believe i may have found the culprit but i am unsure. The pictures are below showing the pipe connected , pipe removed and the white plastic connector removed to show a blue bung. Not sure if it should be there or not.
Kind Regards
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_103743.jpg
    IMG_20201011_103743.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20201011_103511.jpg
    IMG_20201011_103511.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20201011_103518.jpg
    IMG_20201011_103518.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 11
1. The blue bung should not be there. The waste fittings are supplied with them fitted in the event the connection is not to be used.
2. Remove it, but keep it. Useful if you ever have to plunge the sink, as you can refit it and stop water going into the dishwasher.
3. The waste pipe from the appliance should come up to just below the work surface level then go downwards into that spigot. The spigot should be pointing upwards. If this isn't done you'll get stagnant water in the drain hose.
4. Great job by the installers!!

Reply to Dishwasher E-24 error , blue plug?? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet...
Replies
Views
L
I have a problem with my dishwasher and I’m told there’s an issue with my plumbing. I’m after some help with understanding what the issue is (and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock