Search the forum,

Discuss Difficulty of removing asbestos; Plumber that can repair Gyprock wall in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

David08637

I have been given a quote to fix a noisy tap.

Apparently they have to “replace breech to main shower” — which I understand to mean the thing one level behind any normal work on a tap. (“It is worn down and still has a small crack in it.”)

“This will have to be done through the Gyprock wall in the hallway as the shower wall is asbestos.”

The issue for me is the following. “Once we are finished our work, the appropriate trades will need to attend to repair/replace the Gyprock wall.”

Please…

• Should it be fairly easy to find another plumber [or a company that can do plumbing] who/that can also repair the gaping hole?

• Is there some good reason why it is not nearly as good/okay/preferable to go in through the front – getting rid of the asbestos as part of the job?

Thank you in advance.

Noisy Tap - Replace Breach???

Sounds like you have someone who can't fix the problem or doesn't know how to fix the problem.

Replacing breach to fix a noisy tap seems very extreme.

Bet you there are no guarantees!!

Reply to Difficulty of removing asbestos; Plumber that can repair Gyprock wall in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock