Discuss Day from Hell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smudger

Went to fix the waste on a 1 & 1/2 bowl kitchen sink. Water filling main sink when 1/2 used or WM empties. Assumed problem was due to slow water escape. Both waster go into 1 1/2 P trap with spigot. Fall was poor and out let after P seemed too close to base of main sink. Cut out (solvent) existing waste set-up and refitted with better fall. Limited to what I could do without removing kitchen units. Problem slightly better but not resolved (so can't charge yet). My options (I think) are to either; extend downpipe into U thereby lowering height of the outlet pipe or b) separating wastes so that main waste and wm go into one p trap and 1/2 sink joins waste further down. I would really appreciate any advice / ideas from experience guys as I would like to sort it properly ( I don't feel I can charge the guy until its sorted).:confused:

Not sure exactly what you've done, but these things can be a pain. I often curse when you get the Franke combined traps for this situation as they're a chore.

Easiest thing is to fit a trap to each waste, make sure that they both fall into a tee from a vertical drop, i.e so they can't back fill one another.

Don't know what else to suggest. Above always works for me.

i agree, this is funny enough what i fitted in my own home and have had no problems

I always use a MacAlpine 1 1/2 bowl trap and they have never failed me. I doubt your problem is with with the trap anyway although I have seen them fitted the wrong way round with the trap fitted to the half bowl which is just stupid.

I rekon you have an issue with the waste pipe that leaves the sink it sound like it is restricted to me. Did you ask the history?

Had one similar today mate firstly check the pipe outside where it runs into drain and blast through with power plunger and see if owt comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Day from Hell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back