Search the forum,

Discuss Crimpers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

li4m_l

Hi all, i'm sure this has been raised a million times but I have just bought a cheap pipe crimper so before checking up on it I just bought it and it's probably the wrong type :/ so basically it's a "uponor mini 32" the jaws I have are 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 25mm and 32mm.
the main of my work is 15mm and 22mm and I wondered if I have the rite sized jaws as the fitting is obviously bigger than 15mm pipe?? And 25mm jaw for 22mm??

HELP! Haha thanks

Scott uponor is plastic and you get different types some with metal internal and you need special crimpers for the fittings aswell as a flaring tool etc , uponor mlcp and standard phex

Ahh rite so it's basically useless for what I need or will I be able to purchase jaws to crimp copper fittings?

Crimpers machine is a great stuff. I use milwakuee novopress aco 201 and 202 for my work. Its make work much quicker and cleaner. Obviously all connectors are more expensive but if you compare it to the time which you spend with cleaning and soldering ,you save and earn more money. Uponor is for heating sized pipes , but you may buy other crimps head, which is suitable to copper.
li4m_I could you tell me what cost you buy this stuff? I'm looking to get it now, as I wanna do any central heating with uponor or maincore pipes which is quite better and quicker than copper .
Greg

you have bought a uponor kit. You need to look at Rems Press or Novopress all metric sizes. 15,22,28,35,42,54,67 Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crimpers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Main water inlet pipe stopcock seized. Have tried freeing it to no avail so looking to replace it. It's very old as you can see on the attached...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Currently suffering from poor internal flow rates near the internal 20mm stopcock of 10L/min. Want to upgrade system to either...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. Please go easy on mešŸ‘·šŸ¼ I'm currently renovating my house and my house currently runs from old lead pipes then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock