Search the forum,

Discuss 32mm MDPE supply pipe upgrade for flow? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

Currently suffering from poor internal flow rates near the internal 20mm stopcock of 10L/min.

Want to upgrade system to either unvented cylinder or large storage combi to feed 5 bedrooms/1 bathroom/1en suite.

Affinity water have confirmed supply pipe to the boundary stopcock is 25mm mdpe as part of the lead replacement scheme.

House was extended 20 years ago and 20mm MDPE going into the existing stopcock which goes into 15mm/22mm copper around the house.

It is possible we still have a lead supply pipe and was extended to the new stopcock position in 20mm mdpe but unsure.

Flow Rates:

Boundary

40L/min

2Bar static

Garden Tap

2 Bar static

15L/Min

Kitchen Tap (next to 20mm stopcock)

2 Bar Static 10L/Min

Upstairs Taps:

2Bar static 8L/Min Flow

My question is would upgrading the existing 15mm/20mm supply pipe to 32mm MDPE help increase the flow (considering boundary is 40L/min)??

Cheers,

Dave

How do you know it’s 40 lpm at the boundary, have affinity confirmed this? If you’re getting that much of a reduction, then it suggests to me that something is causing a lower flow rate, although the pressure seems to remain constistant.

How do you know it’s 40 lpm at the boundary, have affinity confirmed this? If you’re getting that much of a reduction, then it suggests to me that something is causing a lower flow rate, although the pressure seems to remain constistant.
Yes Affinity water confirmed it and I witnessed it. So could it be the old lead pipe/20mm
Mdpe extension causing it?

Yes best to get the whole lot replaced from the tap off the main

Reply to 32mm MDPE supply pipe upgrade for flow? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock