Search the forum,

Discuss could you use a paslode gun for pipe clips ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

when doing lots of clips could a nail gun be used ? saves pre-drilling, faffing for screw, getting drill ?

I suppose you could if your whopping them into wood, but like gas man said, why would you want to? It takes literally, seconds to screw a clip in.

Would the nails not blast through a plastic clip? From experience, comedian chippy shot a nail at my steel toe capped boots, just missing my big toe after piercing the steel!

doing alot of clipping ? at height ? surely save alot of faffing

Can't see how this would work? Surly it would damage the clips and how would you hold the clip in position whilst blasting a nail through it? Not sure I'd want my fingers that close lol.

No it will shatter the clips. Bad idea. You could use the one for plasterboard screws. It is a gun with pre loaded screws in it so you don't have to faf about with holding screws, clips and a drill all at the same time.

Erm, bad idea mate. It would go straight through the clip.
Not to mention the risk to fingers and actually getting the clip to stay in place while you fired the gun.
I would say a hammers pretty quick anyway!

yer wasnt gonna be the first one to try it ! just been clipping loads of pipe at height so up a ladder juggling is a pain in the bum ! one of the ceiling lads had a hilti for going into the steel and he shot it sounded like a bomb but he put it againest a piece of plasterboard shot through it about 2ft from a window and it didnt even touch the window ! so was thinking if theres a better way ! well easier !

cheers guys

you can get pipe clips for the spit concreate nail gun, but to be honest the cost of the fixings compared to a normal clip, screw and plug would be to much and the gun will cost you £350 plus training course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to could you use a paslode gun for pipe clips ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Guys. This is a question on how to clip central heating pipes (Hep2 15, 22 and 28mm) when running 90 dgrees to metal web joists. How to do it and look good. I could use a load of Britclips with a section of wood accross, clip to that. Or use the electricals trays, and clip to that...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
I have a copper 22mm gas pipe about 10m long fitted to the outside wall by a Gas engineer using plastic clips with spacers. The clips have become brittle with age and are breaking up. The pipe passes through the brickwork and has no flex in it. Any ideas on how I can replace these clips as the...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, an easy one: I recently had to drill through two outside walls to run 15mm pipes for a shower and sink. The holes are neat enough but need to be closed off to prevent draughts. Can I use expanding foam to block them? I wouldn't do this with central heating pipes, but the shower and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had this installed by a plumber the other day and if I’m honest, I’m not happy really. All in flexis when i think it could have been rigid and solvent welded . Then a dodgy installed clip at the bend. I kinda went with it at the time but it doesn’t seem right and I’m going to call...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock