Search the forum,

Discuss New toilet waste question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I had this installed by a plumber the other day and if I’m honest, I’m not happy really.
All in flexis when i think it could have been rigid and solvent welded . Then a dodgy installed clip at the bend.

I kinda went with it at the time but it doesn’t seem right and I’m going to call them back I think
What do you think, I’d be grateful if an opinion.

Attachments

• 161388BF-362B-4FA9-88CF-C71EE9AD6757.jpeg
    161388BF-362B-4FA9-88CF-C71EE9AD6757.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 60DEC1A4-2FB7-4D0A-BC67-D77BD911736A.jpeg
    60DEC1A4-2FB7-4D0A-BC67-D77BD911736A.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 24
  • E25B0B2D-0D6D-4B76-AF2D-15A7771F960F.jpeg
    E25B0B2D-0D6D-4B76-AF2D-15A7771F960F.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 24
I doubt that was a Plumber who installed that.

The flexi into the elbow going through the wall will sag when there is water and solids running through it, causing it to eventually (sooner rather than later) pull out of the elbow.
The elbow is likely to get knocked and will pull out of whatever it connects to in the wall.
etc, etc.

And No, putting extra clips around the flexi's or supporting them in some other way is not going to sort it out.

Needs doing by someone who has a clue and not by whoever did it.

Have you paid yet?

No I haven’t paid yet, no intention as yet until it’s sorted.
I appreciate your response thank you. It matches up with what I was thinking. I aren’t an expert but I do happen to have some experience in a diy sense. If it were me I would have done it in rigid pipe.

I wouldn’t even pay him if he altered it he can come pick his materials up and he can go

I wouldn’t even pay him if he altered it he can come pick his materials up and he can go
I know what you mean Shaun.
He works for a company that employs about 15 people so I’ll ring the main guy Monday.
All 3 iso valves leak as well as other stuff too.

Sometimes I think I should just do it myself

I know what you mean Shaun.
He works for a company that employs about 15 people so I’ll ring the main guy Monday.
All 3 iso valves leak as well as other stuff too.

Sometimes I think I should just do it myself

If you have an email send them that fao the boss

This is really pathetic. Have you called the main guy? What is he saying about the mess?
Yeah I called this morning and a resolution plan is getting sorted as we speak.
To be fair, they’ve been great, really apologetic and have taken it very seriously.
You’d be shocked if I told you the rest of the problems with the work carried out.

Is it possible to have the correct fall on a rigid pipe? Even so, if replaced with a rigid pipe and boxed in it leaves nowhere for a customer to put their right leg. Needs a complete rethink.

Is it possible to have the correct fall on a rigid pipe? Even so, if replaced with a rigid pipe and boxed in it leaves nowhere for a customer to put their right leg. Needs a complete rethink.
18mm per metre would comply. Realistically, a rigid pipe may still work even if it is level for this short section. It would leave room for your leg, though I accept I wouldn't personally want a pipe there.

Reply to New toilet waste question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock