Search the forum,

Discuss Clipping Pipes running though metal web joists in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys.

This is a question on how to clip central heating pipes (Hep2 15, 22 and 28mm) when running 90 dgrees to metal web joists.

How to do it and look good. I could use a load of Britclips with a section of wood accross, clip to that.
Or use the electricals trays, and clip to that.

However the pipe must be clipped as per specification as the T&G boards are glued and screwed once down.

Running with the joist I have used Britclips, a great suggestion and the result looks real good.

Im open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Donkey Table

I use these with the Britclips. However how would I support these with pipe running at 90 degrees to the run of the joists? The joists are at 600 centres. Ill get a photo tomorrow to descibe my query.
I use these with the Britclips. However how would I support these with pipe running at 90 degrees to the run of the joists? The joists are at 600 centres. Ill get a photo tomorrow to descibe my query.
Ah I get it, a bank of them screwed to the underside of the joist top section. Doh, target fixation. I have a right angle drill so no probs.

I cut some roofing batten fix my clips to it then screw into the the bottom timber. The reason I do the bottom as it gives my room to allow everything to vent without high spotting

When running in the direction of the joists I’ll cut a piece of timber the depth of the joists and fix it vertically and then fix my clips to that

Attachments

• IMG_2302.jpeg
    IMG_2302.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Clipping Pipes running though metal web joists in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock