Discuss concealed cistern and back to wall pan. fitting tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi all was wondering if anyone had any useful tips when connecting back to wall pan to the concealed cistern cistern. once you push
the toilet back to the unit u cant see if u have any leaks on flush pipe or pan connector. is there a easy way.

hello wrap some tissue around it and use it for a day or so then check to see if its wet. if you cut the flush pipe 100% perfect you wont get any leaks. make sure you lube up the flush cone.

cant get in there here to wrap paper round it i drilled 2 circles in unit for both pipes, now think i should have just cut a big square, as long as toilet is covering the hole it wont matter. i silicone the pan connector
and done up jubilee clip then took toilet outside and poured water down toilet it was fine. i put silicone on flush pipe connecting to pan also. just a nagging feeling cause i cant see if its leaking.i did put some paper under the toilet and fed it in. hopefully its OK guess they will call if its not.

With a BTW pan, I put the pan against the wall and draw the shape of it with a marker pen. I then cut out this shape 20mm INSIDE the marker pen following the shape of the pan. Much easier than trying to cut 2 holes and this way allows access to both pipes before pushing them into the wall.

Wrap a donut of Plumbers Mate round the flush cone before pushing it home to the pan, and it will never leak.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah will cut a bigger hole if i get called back. just wanted to keep it neat but made my job much harder

can you not see from the top with a torch? i always use a flexi pan con and test with a bucket or the shower before i push back then only the cone to worry abot

Steve Na pan connector is actually built inside the pan. i used a flexi with a jubilee clip. they look nice when complete but working on them
is a right pain.

If you do it system 3 ,s way you can detatch the small front facia and then pull the back panel behind the toilet up and out and then you will have more than enough room to do what you want. After wards you just slide the back panel down and hey presto .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to concealed cistern and back to wall pan. fitting tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock