Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial Toilets/ Flush Valves/ Pressurized Flush Device in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

In the states we call them "Flushometers". I don't know if you have them over there. A big manufacturer in Germany has a similar product (Schell) and I'm thinking it might be a great mating to an Aquablade closet to possibly avoid skids and blockages (yes I know requires larger piping).

Question is do commercial toilets on these devices typically work well? What manufacturers/ models of bowls (pans) seem to work and NOT have constant brushing or stoppage ,maintenance needs?

Is Schell used in the UK? Any other brands?

Thanks so much!
Jason

Thank you so much. I’m curious how airports and stadiums and he like are handled there.

1) I would think people using the pan at such locations are not likely to brush between users and

2) I’d think the time delay filling a cistern would be problematic in these applications.

Am I mistaken?

Regarding the Australian link, thank you. I forgot they used different terminology there. The term “mains flushing valve” did open up some examples. The brochure for that particular manufacturer even showed something similar to what I am thinking of building. The challenge however is finding the best closet pan beforehand as trial and error could be quite expensive. It will not be cheap since I’ll after have the closets imported, so it makes it hard to do testing. That is why in another thread I was trying to find out what closet pans have been performing particularly well with and without such flush valves.

Reply to Commercial Toilets/ Flush Valves/ Pressurized Flush Device in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently moved into a new flat and both toilets were dripping when not in use. I found that the issue was the flush valve seal and replaced it on both of them. It stopped the dripping but the issue now is that sometimes it sticks after flushing and I need to give it a wiggle to make it go back...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a commercial customer who asked me a few months ago to investigate a toilet that kept blocking. They'd just had the blockage professionally pressure washed out, but wanted me to see what I could do to avoid it happening again. On inspection, I found that the soil pipe leading...
Replies
Views
Hello, Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned out in both the valve seals were bubbling so I set out to replace them. For now I just flipped them over as the other side was smooth on both. The...
Replies
Views
A collegue of mine has come across the following problem. Downstairs toilet in newish house (prob last 10 years) when flushed partially fills the bowl then flows away. Toilet has durgo valve on stub stack that is fitted just below the spillover level of the basin. Cloakroom backs onto cloakroom...
Replies
Views
Hi from the USA- I'm a plumbing engineer and master plumber in the USA who is going to be building a new home and plan on using European wall-hung pan toilets with a concealed (in-wall) cistern. I intend to purchase these in the UK and have shipped here. I would really appreciate some input to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock