Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flush valve seals - unusual sizing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned out in both the valve seals were bubbling so I set out to replace them. For now I just flipped them over as the other side was smooth on both.

The problem is that I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. The flush valves are of unknown make (it says WRAS and UPC on them) and they come with different size seals, both unusual from what I see.

The first one is flat, outer circle diameter 66mm, inner diameter 31mm, 3mm thick.

The second raises towards the middle from 2 to 3mm, outer diameter is also 66mm, but inner is 35mm.

I have only found 1 seal on the Internet that is 66mm, but 40mm inner circle. Most of what I've seen were 63mm.

Is there anywhere I can order seals to size? Or should I try and find a larger one and trim it to size? Or maybe replace the valves with something that comes with more common seal size? Giving the cost of ordering the seals, which looks like a tenner each inc. postage replacing the valves won't be much more expensive, just more work.

flush-valve-1.jpg
flat-seal-1.jpg
flat-seal-2.jpg
raised-seal-1.jpg
raised-seal-2.jpg
raised-seal-3.jpg

Email these guys

Reply to Toilet flush valve seals - unusual sizing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, can anyone identify this flush valve, there are no manufacturers marks on it, the seal needs replacing, thanks.
Replies
Views
My toilet flush valve is continually draining (the rubber seal has perished) . . . I'd be grateful if someone could give me a link to parts that will fit in there and replace the current valves?
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to this forum and new to plumbing. Only just passed Level One plumbing. I am having to go back and look at a leak from the back of a WC. The flush pipe is chrome and I have replaced the flush pipe concertina seal. The seal seems to being pushed out of the WC when flushing. The size...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the cistern to put an O-ring washer around the top of the inner circle referred to with an arrow in the attached image. Unfortunately, when I let the water through, there was a burst...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock