Search the forum,

Discuss Combo gauge has a mind of its own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm puzzled by the pressure gauge on my combi boiler.
The other morning, it showed only 0.5 bar, yet was still heating water for rads and taps. Over the following hour, it returned to 1.5bar (where it normally sits).
There have been previous issues with it. There is a slight leak from the boiler, but only when the rads are on. The pressure slowly dropped to below 1bar, below the necessary working pressure. Our plumber couldn't come out, so talked me through refilling it. I expected the sensitivity of, say, an air pump for car wheels. However, as I added water, the pressure dropped to 0.5 bar. Confused,, I closed the valve, and then watched over the next hour (with rads off) as it crept back up to 2.5bar. At which point, I drained some water out using the below drain off valve. It has since been sitting at 1.5 bar.
At some point, my plumber will mend the leak. But in the meantime, as a student plumber, I'm curious to know more. On my work placements, the gauges seemed pretty reliable.
Jennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combo gauge has a mind of its own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
I’ve looked through the answers but I’ve not seen a solution to my problem. My pressure gauge drops overnight 1.75 bar to zero. No visible leaks any where …valves..connections pressure release valves etc. All radiators heating correctly and no air in rads. Circulation pump has no sounds of...
Replies
Views
K
My Worcester boiler is losing pressure. It only happens after the boiler has been on and it loses approx 0.5 bar each time. The expansion vessel was replaced last year and no improvement, I have checked the rads, no issues, also no obvious water patches on walls ceilings etc. I have also used...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can help. Moved in to our new house a week ago. The boiler is a Potterton Promax Combi 28 HE. Discovered it was losing pressure overnight and we'd get the E119 message and no heating or hot water until we repressurised. Checked all radiators and discovered a few small leaks which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major re-design/move of all of our hot water (megaflo), boiler and central heating system. I am not a plumber nor do I know much about plumbing but I know...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock