Search the forum,

Discuss Combo gauge has a mind of its own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'm puzzled by the pressure gauge on my combi boiler.
The other morning, it showed only 0.5 bar, yet was still heating water for rads and taps. Over the following hour, it returned to 1.5bar (where it normally sits).
There have been previous issues with it. There is a slight leak from the boiler, but only when the rads are on. The pressure slowly dropped to below 1bar, below the necessary working pressure. Our plumber couldn't come out, so talked me through refilling it. I expected the sensitivity of, say, an air pump for car wheels. However, as I added water, the pressure dropped to 0.5 bar. Confused,, I closed the valve, and then watched over the next hour (with rads off) as it crept back up to 2.5bar. At which point, I drained some water out using the below drain off valve. It has since been sitting at 1.5 bar.
At some point, my plumber will mend the leak. But in the meantime, as a student plumber, I'm curious to know more. On my work placements, the gauges seemed pretty reliable.
Jennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combo gauge has a mind of its own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock