Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler - Potterton Puma 100e - Fluctuating temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willingnotable

Hi guys, Over the last few months I noticed that the hot water temperature in the shower has been fluctuating from very hot to stone cold every few minutes. Thought it was the thermostatic shower control but decided to check the boiler first. Boiler pressure is 1.5bar, mains cold water supply and pressure is good and constant. So, I ran the kitchen hot tap at full flow and measured the temperature. The boiler clicks on and water heats up to 53c, then boiler cuts out and temperature drops to 41c before boiler clicks back on and heats up again. This cycle continues all the time the tap is on. I set the HW temp dial on the boiler to min - same temp range happened. Set it to max and the boiler heats water to 65c for a couple of minutes then cuts out and down to 41c we go again. I did the same test at bathroom taps with same result. Questions:- 1) Is this normal combi boiler behaviour? 2) If not is this a common problem with a common solution? 3) Can this be fixed by the relevant component (whatever it is) being replaced or is it new boiler time :( Any help and advice appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Boiler - Potterton Puma 100e - Fluctuating temperature in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate) Also the flow temperature keeps going up above the set point and when it reaches +5°C above the set point, the boiler shuts down (even before the room...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock